Cute little bread in a cake shape which finished on the day by me and my kids :D :D Though the tea flavour is not distinctive, the texture is very fluffy texture and crispy crumbs! Freshly baked breads always taste the best! Dear son ask me when can bake this bread again!!? If am not lazy these few days, will bake another one but will substitute with another flavour tea!
Recipe adapted from '超人气面包简单做'
Ingredient (6" bundt mould)
- 150gm bread flour
- 3gm instant yeast
- 18gm sugar
- 2gm salt
- 10gm milk powder
- 24gm egg
- 3gm red tea leaves (I use 1 Lipton tea bag)
- 75gm water
- 30gm unsalted butter
Method (hand knead)
- Combine tea leaves and water and bring to boil. Turn off heat and cool down slightly.
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar, salt, milk powder in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add in eggs and tea liquid. Mix into a rough dough. Knead dough for 5mins. Add in softened butter and knead for another 5 mins until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and proof for 50mins until double in bulk.
- Punch down the dough lightly and knead to remove excess gas. Roll in round and rest for another 10mins.
- To shape dough : Pull a hole in the middle to fit into a greased bundt pan. Press down the dough lightly into the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins. Unmould immediately and cool on a wire rack.