Thanks Alice for presenting to me this loving award! :D This award matches my 'green' dish I've made together!
Vegetarian Korma.....yes all vegetables without any meat added and no additional seasoning required as the natural sweetness of the greens are enough to flavour up this stew :D At first worry that my hubby will not like this dish as he does not really fancy strong flavours of Indian spices >.<" But luckily no bad comments from him hahaha....
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed lightly
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb-size ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 800gm mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, potato & zucchini)
- 500ml hot vegetable stock (made from 1 stock cube)
- 150gm frozen peas
- 200ml thick natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- toasted flaked almonds for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot. Stir-fry onion for 2 mins. Add cardomom pods and spice powder and stir fry for another 3mins until fragrant.
- Add chilli, garlic & ginger and stir fry for another 2 mins.
- Add in mixed vegetables and mix evenly and fry for another 5mins.
- Add in hot stock and bring to boil. Simmer for 10mins.
- Add peas and cook for another 2 mins until all vegetables are tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in yoghurt and ground almonds. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and serve.