A very 'festive flavour' cake :) decorated with orange flavour mini candies & homemade candied orange peels. Too bad I do not have Grand Marnier which can be added into the white chocolate ganache....
- 250gm salted butter
- 100gm castor sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp orange zests
- 250gm self-raising flour, sifted
- 100ml fresh orange juice
White Chocolate Ganache (optional) : Boil 200ml cream and pour into 500gm chopped white chocolate, stir till melted. Rest in room temperature until thicken enough to spread stirring occasionally.
- Grease & line base a 7in cake tin.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add in eggs gradually and beat till combine. Add orange zest and mix evenly.
- Fold in flour, alternate with orange juice in 3 batches.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 60mins. Rest cake in tin for 10mins before cooling completely on wire rack.