This is one of the best roast chicken I've made! The herby yogurt marinade really tenderised the chicken, making it really moist and tender even the toughest section of the meat ie. the chicken breast. My son whom always detests chicken breast even asked for second helping. ^0^
The marinade consists of garlic, onions, parsley,dill, black pepper, lemon zests & natural yogurt at the bottom....
Stir the marinade to mix well before adding in the butterflied chicken and marinate it overnight in fridge
hmmmm...can you smell the fragrant of this lovely roasted chicken? hehehe...
A portion just for me with heaps of fresh salad at the side :D
- One 1.5-2kg chicken
- 2 cups natural set yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chinese parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zests
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Remove head and feet of the chicken and clean thoroughly. Pat dry. To butterfly the chicken : place breast side down on a chopping board. Use a scissors and cut off the ribs. Turn it over and firmly press down to flatten the breast side.
- Combine all marinade in a big bowl : yogurt, garlic, onion, parsley, dill, black pepper, zest and salt. Mix well.
- Add in chicken and turn to coat well on both sides. Cling wrap the bowl and chill it in fridge overnight.
- Remove chicken from the fridge one hour before baking. Preheat oven to 180 deg cel.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a rack over the lined baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it over the rack, skin side up.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the chicken. Bake the chicken for 45-50 mins until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and loosely tent it with a foil, rest for 10 mins before serving.