Chilled sago pudding drizzled with palm sugar syrup and coconut milk, a perfect dessert on this scorching weather! Surprisingly my kids loved this chilled sago pudding as they liked the QQ texture of the sago pearls, and of course the sweet palm sugar syrup!
Really simple ingredients and fast to prepare too!
Cooked sago pearl
Fill glasses with sago pearl then chill till real cold
topped with gula melaka syrup and coconut milk....
- 200gm sago pearl
- 800ml water
- 200gm gula melaka
- 200ml coconut cream
- 50ml water
- 1 pandan leaf, snipped short
- pinch of salt
- Place 800ml water into a pot and bring to boil. Add in sago. Cook the sago for about 10mins, stirring constantly, until they become translucent.
- Strain the sago in a sieve and wash away the excess starch over running water.
- Scoop the cooked sago pearls into individual small cups and chill them in fridge.
- In a clean pot, combine coconut cream, 50ml water, pandan leaf and salt. Boil over low heat, stirring constantly. When it starts to boil, remove from heat and strain into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt the gula melaka with additional 2 tbsp water over low heat. Simmer till sugar is well dissolved, strained and set aside to cool down.
- Serve the chilled sago pearls with gula melaka syrup and coconut milk.