I seldom let my kids have marshmallow and oreo so this is a real special treats for them. So they were really delighted that I've baked this sweet little chocolate fudge cake for them :D This cake is really simple to make without the need of a mixer, just stir, fold and pour the batter into baking pan.
Already looking really yummy before baking :D
After baking...I like this fudge cake when its still warm as the marshmallow is gooey with crunchy cookies bits embedded inside....yumz!
Recipe ref : BakingTaiTai
- 55gm unsalted butter, softened
- 25gm vegetable oil
- 30gm cocoa powder
- 80gm caster sugar
- 100gm plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 180gm plain flour
- 50gm mini marshmallow
- 7 Oreo cookies, remove cream and chopped up the 14 pcs
- Combine softened butter, oil, cocoa powder and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream the mixture till well incorporated.
- Add in yogurt, eggs and salt and mix well.
- Sift flour over and fold till a smooth dough is formed.
- Stir in mini marshmallow (reserved some for decoration, if desired) and crushed cookies.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8" cake pan and spread out the batter evenly. Top with reserved marshmallow.
- Bake in preheated oven at 25-30 mins. Unmould cake from pan and cool on wire rack.