A simple and beautiful plate of roasted trip-colour cauliflower!
The latest healthy in food?! At first I thought they are genetically modified crops, actually the colour is naturally occurring! Glad that I am able to get hold of this vibrant coloured cauliflower at the market near my place. The price is a little steep compare to the usual white cauliflower (orange cauliflower S$4, purple cauliflower S$5). Taste and texture wise, they are not much difference from the white cauliflower. But is interesting to incorporate this pretty cauliflower into food which will make the dishes simply eye pleasing. For the first time, I try roasting it with simple seasoning like olive oil, lemon juice, onions, garlic, salt and some spices.
- 3 medium head cauliflower, approx. 300-350gm each, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- handful of chopped coriander for garnishing
- Using hands, toss everything gently till evenly mixed.
- Place seasoned cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 25-30 mins, stirring once in between, until fork tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Cut into florets and toss evenly with seasoning. I've kept the seasoning minimal as I do not want to camouflage the natural sweetness of these cauliflower.
I am able to polish up this whole plate! ^0^