Monday, March 11, 2013

Spaghetti with Bovril

My hubby is a fan of bovril & marmite. He loves to add it in his drink and instant noodles! While I'm browsing through one of my Nigella Lawson's recipe book, I found this recipe! She uses Marmite but I substitute with bovril and I've also increased the amount of bovril used as my hubby preferred it to be more salty >.<" For me this noodle dish taste not too bad and can be served on its own ! Great on lazy days :P



Spaghetti with Bovril served with Tomato Chicken Stew


Spaghetti with Bovril
Recipe source : Nigella Lawson
Ingredient
  • 300gm spaghetti
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tsp bovril
  • grated parmesan cheese

Method
  1. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
  2. Whiile the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan and add the bovril and 3 tbsp of the pasta water. Mix thoroughly.
  3. Drain the pasta and pour the bovril mixture over and mix evenly. Serve with parmesan cheese.




2 comments:

PH said...

Peng, it looks so delicious!

Miss B @ Everybody Eats Well in Flanders said...

I like bovril with plain porridge, used to eat that when I was young, until the outbreak of mad cow disease in the 90s. :)
Bovril with spaghetti, that sounds interesting, should try it one day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails