This is another dish which I only cooked once way back in 2008! This time I attempt again using happy call pan!! I've actually tried quite a number of dishes using happy call pan but yet to post them up!!
- 500gm pork belly (五花肉)
- 50gm ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 200ml water
- 5 tsp sugar
- Clean pork belly thoroughly and place in a pot of water, bring to boil. Skim away foam, boil for 15mins. Remove and place in a pot of icy cold water for 10mins. Drain away water and slice into bite sizes.
- Heat up oil in a happy call pan. Pan-fry ginger until brown & fragrant. Add sliced pork and stir-fry for 5mins on medium high heat.
- Add wine and soy sauce and stir to mix evenly. Add water to submerge the pork. Cover and bring to boil.
- Add 2 tsp of sugar, stir evenly, covered and braised for 15mins on medium heat. Open lid and stir evenly and braised another 15mins with pan covered.
- Liquid should reduce by now, add another 3 tsp sugar. Covered and braised for another 5mins.
- Turn on high heat and stir fry until sauce is thick. Remove from heat and serve.