Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Belgian Waffle

This is my latest gadget in my kitchen, a 3-in-1 sandwich maker!! Yes finally able to try out this recipe which I've been waiting for quite some time! I have to stop the tiny hands from snatching away the waffles while am trying to snap some pictures hehehehe....soon they were (the waffles) all gone >.<"



before & after....



Ingredient (8 waffles)

  • 120gm bread flour
  • 100gm cake flour
  • 1/2 tsp instant yeast
  • 50gm sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 60ml warm milk
  • 1/4 tsp rum 
  • 50gm unsalted butter

Method
  1. Combine all ingredients, except butter, in a mixing bowl. Mix into a rough dough.
  2. Knead in softened butter , about 6 mins, until a smooth and elastic dough is formed.
  3. Cover and proof for 1 hour until double in bulk.
  4. Punch down dough and knead lightly. Divide into 8 equal portions.
  5. Shape into round and rest for 20mins.
  6. Lightly grease and preheat the waffle maker. Place proofed dough onto the heated pan, close the lid and cook for 3-4mins until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat till dough is completed.


Recipe source : Carol's blog

4 comments:

羽翼 said...

What is the model for your waffle iron? I feel that mine is not hot enough.

Peng said...

Crysta Ling...I'm using Kenwood SM650

Bee said...

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a Kenwood too. What's your experience with it so far? Does it take a long time to make waffle? Have you use the panini grill sandwich yet?

Peng said...

Bee....it won't take too long for the waffle to be cooked.... I like the panini grill too! I actually posted a quesadilla recipe using that grill.

Related Posts with Thumbnails