Oh so cute! ^.^
too cute to be eaten??!! hehehe no cross-sectioned for this puff as I do not want to show its disfigured picture Lol...
While browsing for inspirations on turnovers, I found this site tastespotting.com which has wonderful recipes for turnovers!! Making puff pastry from scratch? hehehe I'm not confident to do that for now!! Make from frozen puff pastry is easy peasy to come out with instant delicious puff pastry any time! After rolling out the thawed pastry, I only managed to get 2 huge cute turnovers as my cookie cutters are rather huge which you can see from the picture below....approx 10-12cm for both width and length.
Tuna & Potato Fillings
Glaze and ready to pop into oven!
Recipe source : tastespotting.com
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 hard boiled egg, cubed
- 50gm can tuna in olive oil, drained & reserved 1 tbsp of the oil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pack thawed store bought puff pastry
- beaten egg yolk for glazing
- Steam cubed potatoes over preheated steamer for 15mins until tender. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Toss in hard boiled egg, tuna and oil, parsley evenly. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out pastry using a large cookie cutter or cut into squares. Transfer pastry to a lined baking sheet.
- Brush some egg yolk on the outer edge of the pastry. Spoon some fillings in the middle and cover with another piece of pastry. Seal the edge with a fork. Glaze surface with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15 mins until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
I'm submitting this post to Bake Along event hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours, Lena of Frozen Wings & Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids