Black Glutinous Rice Loaf Ingredient
- 50gm black glutinous rice
- 300ml water
- 200gm cooked glutinous rice*
- 250gm bread flour
- 30gm wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 15gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15gm corn oil
- Wash black glutinous rice thoroughly. Soak in 300ml water overnight.
- Steam the rice together with the water until the grains are softened. Cool completely and weigh 200gm for used.
- Place all ingredients B into a mixing bowl. Reserved some cooked glutinous rice. Knead into a dough. If the dough is too dry, further add some more cooked rice. Knead till a smooth and elastic dough is formed, about 10 mins.
- Cover and proof for 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough to release gas and knead lightly. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape into rounds and rest for 15mins.
- Using a rolling pin, rough out each dough into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Roll up the dough like a swiss roll. Repeat step 6 & 7.
- Place the dough into a loaf pan and proof for another 1 hour until it fills up the pan. Cover the pan and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 40mins.
- Unmould immediately on cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Recipe source : Original Flavor by Carol