I simply love this Japanese style rice meal! Fast and easy to whip up on busy days! The colour combination is rather attractive too, don't you think so? :)
Recipe ref Just One Cookbook & Christine's Recipe
- 250gm calrose rice, cook according to package
- 250gm minced chicken
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful of green peas
- toasted sesame seeds
- japanese seaweed for garnish
- Marinate minced chicken with soy sauce, mirin, rice wine & ginger for 30 mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, add minced chicken and fry on medium heat until cooked through. Set aside.
- Whisk egg with some salt & pepper. Cook in lightly grease pan and scrambled. Set aside.
- Scoop some rice into serving bowl. Place some scrambled eggs, cooked minced chicken onto rice. Garnish with sesame seeds, green peas & seaweed. Serve at once!
mix it up and ready to dig in!! hehehe