This is a cake I baked for a friend's birthday which falls on today :D As most of her family members are diabetic, so I modified the recipe by placing the sugar with splenda sugar. I also replaced some of the flour with ground almonds to give a different texture & flavour :D Hope they like the cake!
Recipe modified from here...
- 100g butter
- 10 tbsp splenda sugar
- 50g yoghurt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 140gm cake flour
- 70gm ground almond
- 1 tsp baking powder
- peaches, strawberries & longan
- Grease (with butter) and flour the side of a 8" square pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and yogurt till light and fluffy.
- Dribble in the eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter. (The mixture may appear slightly curdled.)
- Add vanilla paste and zest. Mix to combine.
- Sieve over flour, ground almond and baking powder and mix till smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Arrange fruits on top, don’t press the fruits down into the batter. Decorate the fruits as desired.
- Bake in pre-heat oven at 180degC for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5~10 mins. Unmold and transfer to wire rack to let cool completely. Dust the cake with some icing sugar if desired.
Ooh that looks so delicious! I think I should bake that for some of my family members. :)
Post a Comment