Little mini roll which I can pop one whole slice into my mouth! My son eaten 3 slices in one row for his breakfast! :D Successful attempt in rolling up the cake without breaking the roll into pieces! :D
Recipe Source : Fruity Cakes by Alex Goh
Ingredient (I used 9"x9" pan) (original recipe fits 16"x10")
- (60gm) 30gm butter, melted
- (60gm) 30gm plain flour
- (60gm) 30gm coconut milk
- (1 tsp) 1/2 tsp pandan paste
- (4) 2 egg yolks
- (4) 2 egg whites
- (90gm) 40gm sugar
- pinch of salt
- kaya for filling
- dessicated coconut for decoration
- Sift flour into melted butter, mix till combined.
- Add in coconut milk and pandan paste and mix well.
- Stir in egg yolks.
- In a clean dry bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Add in sugar & salt gradually and beat till soft peaks formed.
- Fold in beaten egg whites into egg yolk batter and mix till combined.
- Pour batter into lined pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins.
- Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack. Spread cake with kaya jam and roll up. Spread some more jam over the roll and sprinkle with dessicated coconut.