Recipe adapted from 我的厨房乐园
- 4 egg yolks
- 20gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50gm cake flour
- 50gm black sesame seeds, toasted & grind
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40gm corn oil
- 100gm coconut milk
- 4 egg whites
- 70gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Beat egg yolks & sugar till sugar dissolves. Stir in salt, coconut milk & oil.
- Sift in cake flour, baking powder & black sesame seeds. Stir till combine.
- In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites & cream of tartar till foamy. Beat in sugar gradually till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter. Fold in the balance meringue.
- Pour batter into a ungreased tube pan, bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 45mins.
- Remove tin from oven and invert immediately to cool down.
what a lovely cake, can smell the sesame aroma, if only i can bake a tall cake like yours, mine always have a waist line and will shrink to a shorter cake, though the cake tasted ok but the appearance is nothing like yours. well done
Hi Peng, can I know what is the size of your chiffon cake pan? Some of your cake recipes call for corn oil, can I use vegetable instead? Thanks!
Iris...am using a 9" tube pan which can fit in 6 eggs recipe, min 4 eggs which yields a shorter cake , vege oil also can be used.
Hi Peng may i know what's the size of the egg that you've used? or the quantity in grams will do too! thank you :)
sokxuan...the eggs are large size abt 60gm each
Post a Comment