Loves the sweet raspberry flavour realeasing when slicing the cake!! As raspberries are very 'seedy' fruits, I puree the fruits and sieved the seeds away though the recipe book did not mention this step. This give a smoother texture to the cake with chunks of fresh raspberries here and there :D
- 120gm fresh raspberries
- 4 egg yolks
- 30gm sugar
- 60gm corn oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100gm cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 80gm sugar
- Blend 50gm raspberries till fine. Sieve thoroughly to get 30gm puree. Discard seeds. Using a pair of scissors, cut remaining raspberries into small cubes. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with 30gm sugar till dissolves. Stir in oil & salt.
- Sift over flour & baking powder and mix till smooth batter formed.
- In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites & cream of tartar on high speed till foamy. Gradually beat in sugar till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter. Mix evenly. Add in the remaining meringue and fold till combined.
- Take 200gm of the above batter, fold in raspberries puree & 1/2 of raspberries cube.
- Add remaining raspberries cube in the plain batter.
- Scoop the 2 batters alternatively into a 22cm ungreased tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35-40mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert to cool completely before unmoulding.
Post a Comment