First time bake a cake for my hubby to celebrate Father's Day. He does not really fancy confectionery stuffs so I never bake any on his birthdays!! Though I bake a lot he only sample a little of my bakings. I must say my boy is most supportive of all my bakings hahaha...everything he says nice..Usually I will give some of my bakes to my neighbour or my husband's colleagues.
Most Tofu Cheesecake recipes I've found online usually contains cheese and is unbaked. I've decided to try this Baked Tofu Cheesecake without using any cheese at all!! The original recipe used a sponge cake base but since I lazy to whip up a sponge cake, I choose to make a Oreo Cookies Base instead. The 'cheese' filling is very simple to make, just blend all the needed ingredients in a food blender till smooth. To ensure the texture of the cheesecake is not affected by the moisture from the tofu, the tofu must be well drained before using. To drain, place the roughly chopped tofu over a sieve. As I afraid the tofu will turn rancid sitting in room temperature, I place the sieve over a bowl and keep in the fridge for a couple of hours for it to drain of the liquid.*
The 'cheesecake' taste very tofu of course and the texture is almost like normal cheesecake! smooth & creamy...If you are a cheesecake fan, you may take a while for you to accept the taste of this non-cheese Tofu 'Cheesecake' :) Nevertheless the cake still taste palatable and nutritious if not of the cookies base ^-^ Happy Father's Day to all fathers out there!!
- 150gm Oreo Cookie, cream removed
- 60gm butter, melted
- 500gm silken tofu, drained well*
- 100gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup non-sugar soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Line the base of a 8" round loose-based cake pan.
- Place oreo cookies in a ziploc bag. Crush with a rolling pin. Melt butter in a small pot. Toss in crushed cookies. Mix evenly. Spread cookies crumbs into cake pan. Press down evenly using the back of a spoon. Chill.
- Place drained tofu, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, soya milk & essence in a food blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour batter onto cookie base. Tap hard on table top to remove air bubbles. Water-bathe bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 60mins. (Wrap the bottom of the cake pan with foil to prevent water from seeping in) Cool completely in pan before unmoulding the cake. Chill the cake and decorate as desired.