Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Marmite Chicken

Since young till now I never really like Brovil or Marmite. Sometimes I do add a small amount to my boy's porridge :) . Happen to find this recipe and since got a bottle of Marmite at home, thinking no harm trying out this dish, curious how it will taste like :) tasty savoury dish, great along with a bowl of hot rice with the gravy...but I still would not add a scoop of Marmite into my porridge though hahaha....






Ingredient
  • 500gm chicken
  • 1 tsp light soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp corn flour
Sauce:
2 tbsp Marmite yeast extract
1 tbsp maltose
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
A dash of pepper
100 ml water

Method
  1. Mix chicken with marinade and marinate for 1 hour. Pan fry in hot oil for till golden brown. Dish and drain.
  2. Leave 1 tbsp oil in wok, pour in sauce and cook at medium heat until thick. Put in fried chicken and mix well. Simmer for 2 mins, dish up and serve.

1 comment:

danny kwok said...

this is interesting...you should try vegemite...it seems only I eat it..haha end up throwing out the rest.

Related Posts with Thumbnails