I always enjoy the Ho Kee Pau stall which serve the chee cheong fun with mushroom sauce. I never fail to order this dish whenever I'm having breakfast over there :D So glad that I've found a recipe which tasted really similar to that and is so easy to prepare at home. The plus point is that I can drench the rice roll with lots of mushroom sauce and eat till my heart content. ^0^
Recipe ref : myfrozenwing
- 120gm dried shittake mushroom, soak in water till softened & reserved the liquid
- 100gm lean pork, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok. Saute shallots till fragrant.
- Add in pork and fry for 1 min. Add in sliced mushroom and fry for another minute.
- Add in oyster sauce,water and reserved mushroom liquid. Bring it to boil. Add in the remaining seasoning. Turn down heat and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Adjust taste accordingly if desired.
- Add corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce. Turn off heat.
- Serve the mushroom sauce with steamed plain chee cheong fun and top with fried shallots, spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.