No sugar...no butter...wholemeal flour added....that's why this is called a healthy banana bread! With a touch of some honey and ripen bananas, the sweetness of the cake is just nice. Plus the yogurt added helps to moisten the loaf which makes the crumbs really moist and tender. One of the best quick banana bread I've ever done!
- 140gm wholemeal flour
- 100gm self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300gm ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 tbsp honey
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 140ml low fat natural yogurt
- 30gm chopped pecans
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and pinch of salt into a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Mix bananas, honey, yogurt and eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into flour mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Scrape the batter into a lined 9" x 5" loaf pan, sprinkle chopped pecans over. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins. Unmould and cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe ref : Good Food Asian Edition May 2015