The first attempt I've baked an Orgura Cake - Green Tea was 3 years ago! How time flies! So many stuffs to busy with especially with 2 schooling kiddos, that I've been trying to steal some time to try out new recipes which I've pending for very very long. There are so many interesting and alluring Orgura Cake still waiting for me to try out! Let's start off with this Cranberry Yogurt Orgura Cake since this month Little Thumbs Up theme is on yogurt. ^0^
Lovely sweet flavour cake! Though the process is similar to chiffon cake making, the steamed bake process actually makes the texture even more moist and tender. Thumbs up! I can't wait to try out other flavours soon!
Ingredient (one 7" cake)
- 100gm egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1gm salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 50gm vegetable oil
- 100gm plain yogurt
- 80gm cake flour
- 50gm dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 200gm egg whites
- 65gm castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Combine eggs yolks, whole egg, salt, oil and yogurt and whisk till creamy. Sift in cake flour and fold till a smooth batter is formed.
- In another clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy. Increase speed and gradually beat in sugar till meringue is glossy and firm. (not required to beat it till stiff peak)
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter and mix till well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the balanced meringue and fold well.
- Toss in cranberries and fold in gently.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" cake pan. Water-bathe bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel* for 60mins until golden brown. (*adjust your temperature & timing base on your oven)
- Remove the cake pan and immediately invert it onto a cooling rack. Rest for 10 mins before removing the pan and lining. Cool completely before slicing. Best serve chilled.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (May 2015: Yogurt) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Cheryl of Baking Taitai