What's for tea today? A simple orange yogurt cake! Really love this cake which is moist and tender! The whole house is lingering with the lovely citrus flavour while is baking....smelling so wonderful and inviting. I bet my neighbours upstairs and downstairs could even detect the fragrant as my oven is placed near to my kitchen window! hahaha.....
It does look simple, but bursting with orange flavour. Just nice with a cuppa of hot tea!
- 125gm butter
- 150gm sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 200gm plain yogurt
- 60ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 250gm plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in yogurt, zest and orange juice. Mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking soda. Fold till well combined.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.