These beautiful fresh kumquats which I bought it early this year when it was still in season :) No I did not keep them till now to cook hahaha....this is just one of my long list of draft posts I'm going to share today ^0^
Thick & pulpy homemade kumquat jam
- 640gm kumquat, cut into halves and discard seeds
- 300gm water
- 200gm sugar
- Put the deseeded kumquat together with water and sugar in a deep saucepan and bring to boil.
- Cook till kumquat turns translucent, about 40mins. Remove kumquats and reserve the syrup.
- Blend the kumquat into puree and add in tablespoon of kumquat syrup if mixture is too thick.
- Store the jam in air-tight container, it will thicken after chilling.
This is how I've made use the jam, as filling for thumbprint cookies and kumquat chiffon! Keep a lookout for these recipes soon! ^0^