This is an awesome delicious salad which I believe any age group will love it! I couldn't believe it that it didn't last till the next day though I've already doubled the recipe ^0^ This is a great dish suitable for potluck and for kid's party whereby everyone will enjoy it :D
toss in all vegetable and ham into the mashed potatoes with the mayonnaise
lastly stir in mashed egg and ready to chill before serving if you can wait :D
Recipe source : Just One Cookbook
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2" carrot
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 2" Japanese cucumber
- 2 honey baked ham
- 1/3 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel potato and cut into 1.5" cubes. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in potatoes, cook on medium heat till tender. Drain away water from the pot and put the potato back on the stove again. Heat on medium heat to evaporate the water and moisture of the potatoes, for less than 1 min. Shift the pot in circular motion so that the potatoes won't get burnt.
- Mash the potatoes, leaving some small chunks for texture. Sprinkle some salt and transfer into a big bowl.
- Meanwhile prepare a boiled egg. Remove the shell and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Cut the carrots into small cube. Put them in a microwave safe bowl cover with water. Zap for about 2 mins. Drain away water and cool down.
- Peel the cucumbers, leave some skin on to create stripe pattern. Cut into cubes, similar size as the carrots.
- Dice the ham into small size.
- Combine the vegetables and ham with the mashed potato. Add in mayonnaise. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Add in mashed eggs briefly. Transfer salad into a air-tight container and chill in fridge till you are ready to serve.