To be true, I seldom serve spam meat to my kids as you know it is loaded with sodium and preservatives. So when I make this simple steamed spam meat buns for my boy for tea-break, he can't get enough of it, keep saying very very nice! hahaha...
all puffed up after steaming :D
Recipe source : tigg3rsdelectablefare.blogspot.sg
Ingredient (9 buns)
- 200gm Hong Kong Flour (sifted)
- 5gm instant yeast
- 1 tsp double acting baking powder
- 50gm sugar
- 10gm shortening
- 70ml-100ml water
- 9 slices spam (luncheon) meat
- Combine hong kong flour, instant yeast and double acting baking powder together.
- Dissolve sugar in a bowl with 80ml water.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the sugar solution. Combine well and gather into a dough. Add a tablespoon of water if it is too dry.
- Add the shortening and knead until a smooth dough (Dough should be soft and may even be a little sticky, but it is okay)
- Place dough in a greased bowl and prove it for 45 minutes or until almost double in size.
- Knead dough a couple of times and roll into a long strip. Cut into 40gm pieces.
- Roll into a flat disc and wrap with a slice of luncheon meat.
- Leave to rest for about 10 minutes before steaming over preheated steamer at high heat for 10mins.