- 60gm unsalted butter
- 40gm lavender sugar*
- 1 egg
- 1/2 grated lemon zest
- 50gm cake flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and pale for about 2-3mins.
- Spoon batter into paper cases. Baked in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins.
Making of Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Ingredient (enough to frost 6 regular cupcakes)
- 50gm egg whites
- 70gm sugar
- 115gm unsalted butter, soft but still cold, cut into small cubes
- Lightly whisk egg whites in a mixing bowl, place over a pot of simmering water.
- Add in sugar in 3 batches, whisk mixture till sugar is fully dissolved (rub some with fingers, if it feels grainy, it hasn't dissolved yet), takes about 2-3mins.
- Remove from heat and whisk for 5 mins till stiff peak formed, thick and glossy.
- At this point, the mixing bowl should be cook to the touch but still slightly warm at the bottom.
- Place the bowl of meringue on top of a large bowl filled with a few ice cubes and water.
- With a electric whisk, beat and add in butter cube one by one, ensuring that each addition is well incorporated before adding the next one.
- Beat till mixture become curdles, stop the mixer. Using a spatula, continue to fold and stir till mixture becomes creamy and satiny. Add in food colour at this point if desired.