This is our simple dinner few days ago just for me and 2 kids :) My little gal exclaimed excitedly when she saw this served to her : 鸡蛋吔￼！ >.< She simply loves eggs, can request eggs for every meal...and yes she managed to finish 3/4 portion of her dinner.
Recipe adapted from WendyinKK
Ingredient (1 serving)
- 50gm rice vermicelli
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 80gm sliced pork fillet
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp corn flour
Gravy : mix well
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- salt, soy sauce & pepper to taste
- Marinate pork slices for at least 30mins.
- Soak rice vermicelli in water until softened. Drain dry.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Pour in egg and let the egg spread on its own. Put in drained rice vermicelli onto the egg and fry the egg until the base is golden.
- Flip the omelette and fry the other side with rice vermicelli until it takes on some colour. Dish up onto a deep serving dish, omelette side up.
- Put in 1 tbsp oil and saute shallots first, then garlic. Add in pork slices and stir fry until the meat is nicely seared then pour in the prepared gravy. Bring to boil. Add more starch + water to adjust to the consistency and adjust taste if desired.
- Pour the pork gravy onto the omelette and serve.