Do you like MOS Burger? I do! Especially their rice burger :) It is not difficult to replicate one at home!
Stir-fry Burdock & Carrots
Burdock Root....how to peel this root? Instead of using a peeler, make use the tip of a medium stainless spoon and scrub of the skin, nice and clean and prevent any wastage :)
Burdock & Carrot Kinpira
- 350gm burdock, peeled & shredded and soak in water
- 150gm carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 100ml rice wine
- 50ml light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp rock sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Rinse soaked burdock till water runs clear. This will helps to remove any bitterness.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan, add burdock and stir fry for 3 mins until fragrant.
- Add in carrot and stir fry for another min.
- Add in rice wine, soy sauce and sugar and bring to boil.
- Stir fry till mixture is almost dry up and the vege are tender.
- Stir in sesame seeds and mix evenly.
Rice patties in cling wrap
Ingredient (8 patties)
- 2 cups calrose rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp low sodium light soy sauce
- white sesame seeds for garnishing
- Rinse and drain rice well. Add water and steam over preheated steamer till thoroughly cook through.
- With a chopstick, fluff up rice and cool down the rice.
- Divide rice into even 8 portions. Place a portion over a piece of cling wrap. With the help of the cling wrap, shape the rice into round and flatten to compact it. Make sure it is real compact if not it will break up easily.
- Repeat with the balance of the rice portions. Sprinkle white sesame seeds on 4 rice patties and press down lightly.
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan.
- Brush some soy sauce over one side of the rice patty. Place it over heated pan and cook over medium heat till golden brown. Repeat with the other side.
- To serve : Place a rice patty on a serving plate, lay a sheet of nori seaweed follow by a spoonful of burdock & carrot kinpira, layer another sheet of nori seaweed and top with another rice patty. Serve immediately.