In my previous post, I've introduced a few ways of cooking with cekur roots 沙姜 . Here is the steamed version which I've tried out and taste equally good!
Steamed Cekur Chicken by Peng's Kitchen
- 3 whole chicken thigh, chop into 3 sections
- 8 dried shitake mushroom, softend & halved
- 2 tbsp cekur powder
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion
- Marinate cut chicken thigh with seasoning, best overnight.
- Combine shitake mushroom, chicken thighs and ginger into casserole.
- Steam over preheated steamer for 30mins.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve with rice.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast (Feb 2013) hosted by SSB of Small Small World.