Saturday, March 2, 2013

Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast : 清蒸沙姜鸡

In my previous post, I've introduced a few ways of cooking with cekur roots 沙姜 .  Here is the steamed version which I've tried out and taste equally good! 






Steamed Cekur Chicken by Peng's Kitchen
Ingredient

  • 3 whole chicken thigh, chop into 3 sections
  • 8 dried shitake mushroom, softend & halved
  • 2 tbsp cekur powder
  • 2 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp chinese wine
  • 3 slices ginger
  • 1 stalk spring onion

Method
  1. Marinate cut chicken thigh with seasoning, best overnight.
  2. Combine shitake mushroom, chicken thighs and ginger into casserole.
  3. Steam over preheated steamer for 30mins.
  4. Garnish with spring onion and serve with rice.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng

Would like to check where do you get the cekur root powder. I have read in one of the blog cooking with this powder and taste good. I have been looking round but in vain. Thanks in advance for your advise.

Irene

Anonymous said...

May I ask where can I buy cekur powder. Ade

Peng said...

U can find dried cekur root in Chinese medical hall, I toasted it lightly then grind it into powder b4 use.

Related Posts with Thumbnails