Friday, September 7, 2012

Roasted Pandan Chicken

Another delicious roasted chicken I found from Jane's Blog :) I find the roasted chicken very tender and flavourful, as I've marinated it for more than 6 hours instead of the 1 hour indicated and I also increase the salt to 1 tsp. To enhance the flavour, I've actually lined my baking rack with some pandan leaves then place the chicken over, definitely does not taste bland to me :) I also prepared Nasi Lemak again and pair with a salsa as a side dish :)






Pineapple, Cucumber & Tomato Salsa
Ingredient
* pineapples, cubed
* 1/2 cucumber, cubed
* 1 tomato, deseeded & cubed
* 1 red chilli, deseeded & sliced
* handful of chopped coriander
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 4 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar

Method : Toss everything together and chill before serving



Recipe adapted from Mimi Bakery House
Ingredients
  • 1 chicken (about 1.5kg)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 10 pandan leaves, knotted
Marinade (mixed well)
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp chilli boh
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 3 tbsp thick coconut milk

Method
  1. Spoon the marinade into the chicken cavity and place pandan leaves inside.
  2. Rub the salt & curry powder over the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour or more.
  3. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg cel for about 50 mins. Remove chicken from the oven and cut into pieces. Serve.

4 comments:

Alice said...

perfect looking roasted chicken!
can I know if the curry powder give a spicy taste in the chicken? and what is chilli boh? thks, Veronica :)

Alice said...

perfect looking roasted chicken!
can I know if the curry powder give a spicy taste in the chicken? and what is chilli boh? thks, Veronica :)

Peng said...

Alice...the curry powder is not spicy, only gives a nice golden hue and tinge of earthy taste. I had posted the chilli boh recipe few days back , is a chilli paste blended with dried and fresh chillies.

PH said...

Thank is a very good looking chicken. With all those spices and pandan leaves, I can imagine how aromatic it is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails