Monday, September 3, 2012

红糟面线


I've first tasted this  red rice wine chicken 红糟鸡 cooked by my mother-in-law :D So I try to replicate the dish by using commercially made red rice wine residue which is readily available in supermarket. During my last confinement 2 years ago, my father also kind enough to homemake some red rice wine for me!! Now I've still 2 bottles sitting in my pantry :) After reading this month Malaysian Food Fest - Sarawak, I've decided to open a bottle and whip up this Ang Chiu Mee Suah which I've never try cooking :) In order to reduce the 'heatiness' of this dish so that my kids can consume, I reduce the ginger amount and replace the sesame oil with normal corn oil :) Verdict : My hubby gives thumbs up 'shiok', my girl : good yum yum!, my boy : the soup not nice >.<" hahahaha




bottle of homemade Red Rice Wine & Residue



you can opt to add more ginger if you want!


marinate the chicken pieces with red rice wine residue for extra flavour



simmering in process...



Recipe adapted from Feats of Feasts
Ang Chiu Mee Suah 红糟面线
Ingredients
  • 1 kampong chicken, skin removed and cut into small chunks
  • 1 cup red rice residue
  • about 10 large slices of ginger
  • 12 dried shitake mushrooms, softened & stem removed
  • 1/3 cup wolfberries, rinsed
  • 1 liter homemade red rice wine
  • 2.5 liter chicken stock (I use one non msg chicken stock cube)
  • Mee Suah Noodles
  • hard-boiled egg (optional)
  • salt & pepper to taste

Method

  1. Marinate chicken pieces with red rice residue for 1 hours.
  2. Heat 2 tbsp corn oil/sesame oil in a pot, add ginger and stir fry for 3min until golden and fragrant.
  3. Add in marinated chicken pieces and stir fry for 3mins. Toss in shitake mushroom and mix briefly.
  4. Add in red rice wine & stock and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 2 hours.
  5. Add in wolfberries and simmer for another 1/2 hour. Skim off the oil on the surface. Add salt & pepper to taste.
  6. To serve : Heat a pot of water and boil a bunch of mee suah till soft. Place noodle in a serving bowl, top with soup and meat, mushroom and egg. Serve immediately!!


I am submitting this dish to Malaysian Food Fest, Sarawak Month hosted by Sharon of Feats of Feasts” (remember to link to MFF and the host)

1 comment:

yummylittlecooks said...

Wah, mouthwatering dish!!! I love to eat this , really miss it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails