Thursday, February 9, 2012

3 Different Food for 4 Pax!

Not everyday I prepare different meals for everyone, only rare days like today :D Usual days will be like cooking a big pot of soup that can last for lunch & dinner and a fish dish, or simple 1 pot soup dish :D If not I prepare something different for adults and kids usually rice or porridge dish :D Today my son wants some pasta for lunch when he noticed a pack of Animal Shaped Pasta in the kitchen. Since my girl yet to have pasta as a meal, so she still have a usual soup + fish for lunch today :D

Yesterday went to supermarket and discover this purple carrots !! Maybe you think I'm mountain tortoise, but this is the first time I seen and touch purple carrots hahaha...The only way I can think of is making them into soup or roast it or use in baking eg carrot muffins? wonder the muffin will be purplish?? But I try out the simplest way by cooking a pot of soup.


Ingredient
  • 300gm pork ribs
  • 250gm purple carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 150gm orange carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 corn cobs, cut into slices
  • salt to taste
Method
  1. Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for 1min. Drain away water.
  2. Place all ingredients except salt, add 2L water and bring to boil. Lower heat and cook for 2hrs.
  3. Add salt to taste.

Purple Carrots & Corn Soup


Usual taste of corn & carrots soup, except it is purplish hehehe..


Creamy Mushroom & Broccoli Pasta


Prepared this creamy pasta as requested by son :D I just cook the Animal Shaped Pasta according to package, blanch the broccoli (yes he loves broccoli!!), heat some olive oil in pan, pan fry shitake mushroom, toss in broccoli and pasta follow by spoonful of Dolmio Mushroom & Herbs Creamy Pasta Sauce enough to coat all the ingredients..as simple as that! I only taste a mouthful, the rest of the portion he finished up!! :D



As for me & hubby, I've prepared this lightly lemony taste pasta for our lunch :D I know that my boy will not like this taste. While I'm having my pasta, he came over and took a peak and smell :P and comment "lemon flavoured yah??" but did not request to taste it :D But my greedy princess climb onto me (already had her lunch), "ah ah mum mum" >.<" and she happily tasted some beans, some pasta.

Tomato & Soy Beans Pasta

Ingredient
  • 150gm dried farfelle pasta
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 80gm shelled green soybeans, cooked
  • 50gm yellow soybeans, cooked
  • 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 lemon zests
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • bunch of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Method
  1. Bring a pot of water to boil, add some salt and cook farfelle pasta according to package.
  2. Meanwhile heat olive oil in a pan, fry garlic until fragrant.
  3. Add soybeans and stir fry briefly for a min.
  4. Stir in tomatoes, lemon zests and juice. Add salt & pepper to taste.
  5. Drain pasta and add into pan. Mix evenly and turn off heat.
  6. Toss in parsley and serve.
Recipe adapted from Good Food Magazine


2 comments:

Small Small Baker said...

This is also my first time I ever heard or seen purple carrots! Which supermarket sell this?

Peng said...

SSM..i got them from serangoon Nex NTUC :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails