Soft & moist loaf cake :) taste even better after a day, like eating a brownie cake. Original recipe only ask for plain flour, but I added some cocoa powder for a chocolaty taste.
- 100gm brown sugar
- 110gm plain flour (i reduce to 100gm and add 10gm of cocoa powder)
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110gm butter, soften
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 30gm walnuts, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp choco chips
- Grease and line a loaf tin 22x12cm. (alternative use a disposable loaf pan which also fits well)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and corn flour 3 times.(this is to ensure the loaf is really soft)
- With a electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs gradually and beat well. Beat in vanilla essence.
- Gently fold in the flour into the butter mixture, in 3 batches, do not overmix.
- Fold in raisins, walnuts and choco chips until just blended. (coat with some of the flour mixture to prevent sinking)
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30-35mins at preheated oven 180 deg cel. Cool in the tin for 5 mins before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar before serving.