Yummy... another apple cake to share! Actually is the salted caramel that is the centre of attraction ;) Now I know why some of you are so crazy over this sweet salty sticky caramel sauce! I'm sold too hahaha....Back to this cake, if you have sharp eyes you will notice the ugly crack surfaces on the cake. Oops it got disfigured by me as I did not do a proper job in preparing my silicon bundt pan thus making it difficult to unmould after baking :( Lesson learnt, do not be lazy, greased and floured the bundt cake pan properly before using!
Lovely nutty caramel flavour of this cake, the texture looks rather compact but it is very moist and tender!
The process of making....
Before & After
- 120gm unsalted butter
- 100gm castor sugar
- 100gm light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce + 1/4 cup for drizzle
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120gm plain flour
- 240gm cake flour
- 250ml milk
- 1 Granny Smith, peeled, cored and diced (lightly coat with some of the flour above)
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in caramel sauce till well blended.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beat till well incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, in 3 batches, folding in alternate with the milk, ending with flour at the end.
- Add in apples and fold lightly till evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for 10mins. Gently unmould the onto a serving plate and cool down completely. Drizzle 1/4 cup of salted caramel sauce over the top. Slice and serve.