I love chocolate cookies but I don't bake this often. I happened to discover this recipe while I was trying to search for recipes using buttermilk :) My cookies don't look any way similar to the original one as I've reduced the sugar content quite an amount but they still taste sweet enough. Very chocolatey with crisp crust and moist centre...totally addictive!
- 125gm plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60gm butter
- 50gm cocoa powder
- 125gm castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 85ml buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Dissolve butter and combine with cocoa powder and whisk till smooth. Whisk in sugar, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop about 1 tbsp full of dough onto lined baking sheet, leaving about two inches between cookies to allow for spread.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-15 mins until the edges of the cookies are set.
- Cool on baking sheet for 3 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before storing.
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone September 2014 Event Theme: Chocolate Wonderland hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom.