Simplicity is the best! This danish butter cookies were so awfully addictive that me and my kids just polish it off within 2 days :) This is a type of cookie that I will make over and over again as it is effortless to bake it and super yummy!
Butter softened in room temperature for over 24 hours, only needs a couple of whisking and the dough comes together in less than a min!?
After baking...but first batch not browned enough so I increased the baking time slightly for subsequent trays :)
- one 60gm egg
- 200gm Danish salted butter (place in room temperature for 24 hours before using)
- 130gm icing sugar
- 320gm plain flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla paste
- Sift icing sugar and plain flour.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using a electric whisk, beat on low speed for 30 secs. Scrap down the side and beat for another few secs till mixture is smooth. Do not overmix.
- Transfer dough into a piping bag using 1M wilton tip. Pipe wreaths onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for about 10-12mins until golden brown.
- Cool cookies completely before storing in airtight container.