The weather is so unbearable nowadays that it affects my appetite :( At times I will just have a couple bowl of soup as a meal! I learnt this thick soupy dish from my mother-in-law but I further modified it :) I enjoy this thick soup as it is really filling just having this alone. Moreover wild yam (淮山 huai shan) is well-known for its nutritious value . As the yam itself will secrete some sticky substance, it helps to thicken up the soup naturally without the need to add in corn flour or tapioca flour. A delicious and nutritious soup to replenish our body fluid during this warm weather!
- 500gm Chinese yam, 淮山
- 1 russet potato, 马铃薯
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps 干虾米, softened and roughly chopped
- 5 dried shitake mushroom 干香菇, softened and sliced
- 1 tbsp wolfberries 枸杞子, rinsed
- 4-5 cups homemade fish stock 上汤
- pepper & salt to taste
- coriander for garnishing
- Peel and shred yam & potato.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep pot. Saute ginger and dried shrimps till fragrant and crisp.
- Add in mushroom and fry briefly.
- Add in shredded yam and potato and fry for 1 min.
- Pour in stock (reserve 1 cup) and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 mins until yam and potatoes are soft and tender. Add in remaining stock if mixture is too thick.
- Stir in wolfberries and season to taste.
- Garnish with coriander before serving.
ohhh yummy so delicious :-)
Thx for the receipe^^
I loved thick soup. It doesnt take a long time to get to cook it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Post a Comment