Recently I'm hooked on using fresh pandan extract for cooking/baking! Just can't stop loving the flavour of this lovely plant :D I've actually wanting to bake a Pandan Orgura Cake but realise I've running out of eggs in the fridge! But I need to bake something badly hahaha baking addiction relapsing. So with only 2 eggs I made this cute little pandan butter cupcakes, recipe found in AnnCoo Journal! Though the texture is little too crumbly but the taste is definitely double thumbs up!! My boy actually gobbled down 3 mini cupcakes at one go ^0^ Guess this batch of mini pandan butter cake won't last till next day :P
Ingredient (fills up 9 mini cupcakes and 12 mini teddies)
- 180gm butter
- 80gm castor sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 45gm thick pandan extract
- 35gm coconut milk
- 220gm self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (will omit this for next bake to see difference)
- Combine pandan extract with coconut milk and mix well.
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Add in egg gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder and fold into egg batter, alternate coconut milk mixture. Do not beat.
- Spoon mixture into small cupcake cases or grease small muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 12 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Making of fresh pandan extract
After sitting in fridge overnight, the mixture separated into 2 layers! Remove the top liquid and you will just need the bottom thick extract for baking :) I did not wasted the top clear liquid too, I just pour them into my pot of green bean soup :)
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)
We are a big fan of pandan cakes made with fresh pandan extract too. Like the deep grassy green colours of all your cakes :D
Hi, Peng...your cake looks so "green"...the cakes that I bake with fresh pandan extract always turn out very "dull"...yours looks so attractive!
Thanks for sharing your posts with LTU!
Zoe....thanks Zoe ^0^
Jozelyn...try using the thick paste that settled beneath rather than using the blended juice, this way you will get very vibrant natural green :)
I love fresh extract pandan juice too. You pandan cupcake looks delish!
Post a Comment