I love any food that have coconut flavours in it so does my son :) This coconut waffle is flavoured with coconut milk and fresh grated coconut therefore it tastes good on its own though my boy love smearing lots of butter over it! The texture of the waffles is slightly denser than the usual soft and fluffy traditional waffles but after grilling them for 2-3 mins it transforms! The crust is so crispy and the coconut flavour seems to intense after the grilling process....nom nom nom really addictive and my son actually love it so much that he had this for breakfast and snack till I told him there were no more left in the fridge ^0^
- 200gm rice flour
- 120gm brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 120ml thick coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp pandan paste (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- corn oil for greasing
- Preheat waffle pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs, coconut cream till smooth. Stir in grated coconut. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Generously brush waffle pan with corn oil.
- Using a ladle, scoop batter into heated waffle pan. Cook till waffle is set and browned.
- Repeat till all batter are used up.
- To serve, grill waffles till crisp on both sides. Serve immediately. Balance waffles can be chilled for 3 days or freeze for a month.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest – IndoChina hosted by Kelly Siew Cooks
What a good combination. Coconut in waffle. Yummy indeed! Sure my daughter will love it.
Lovely waffles! Thank you for your submission!
Though I don't really like coconut I can imagine the fragrant smell from your kitchen!
Post a Comment