These pretty little cupcakes were done quite sometime back! I was first attracted by its name, and I was wondering what 'DDMT' is and it actually meant 'Die Die Must Try'! hahaha what a hilarious named given for this cupcake! So how could I give this recipe a miss?! These steamed Horlick cupcakes indeed tasted very rich and moist, with the extra Dulce de Leche I've drizzled over gave it an extra oomph to the taste ^0^
Recipe source Mui Mui and Violet Fenying
- 100gm butter
- 50gm sugar
- 50gm condense milk
- 100gm fresh milk
- 100gm Horlick
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 100gm plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
Glazing : Dulce de Leche (optional)
- Place ingredients A in a small pot, stir over low flame till sugar melted, turn off heat and leave to cool.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into the butter mixture.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and fold till well incorporated.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups, 3/4 full.
- Place the cups into preheated steamer and steam for 20mins till cooked.
- Remove cupcakes from steamer and cool slightly. Drizzle over Dulce de Leche and serve.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House
Hi Peng, I also wonder what DDMT is, thanks for explaining it! Horlick with the extra Dulce de Leche...love it!
Thanks for linkup with LTU!
I remember these Horlick steamed cakes! I saw them at Doreen's blog... The name, DDMT has really captured my attention. Yours look sinfully DDMT too!
Can I use vanilla essence instead of paste?
Josephine Loh...np replace with 1 tsp essence :D
Can I check the heat u steam these at?
Jo...use medium heat.
Post a Comment