Have you tried this super food before? I get to know this particular healthy food from my sis-in-law and thereafter I google more information on Chia Seeds and was wowed by the all the benefits it claimed! Since then I love to sprinkle them over salads, cereals, homemade smoothie and even into my cup of coffee ^0^ As the seeds will gelatinised after soaking in liquid, therefore it is great way to thicken up dish like soup and porridge. More ways on how to eat Chia Seeds.....Try it today for an additional nutritious boast to your diet!
Benefits of Chia Seeds, extracted from 'the wellness warrior'
Ingredient (2 servings)
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoured liquid stevia (or replace with 1-2 tbsp honey)
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- fresh berries for toppings
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, honey and vanilla.
- Add in chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture into small ramekins and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours, stirring once halfway through.
- Serve chilled with berries.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House