The word 'Korma' basically means braising. It usually has a blend of spices like ground cumin and coriander and cook with yogurt instead of coconut milk. The curry is full of spice flavours with creamy and thick gravy, goes well with a plate of basmati rice but I love to serve it with some homemade Naan bread!
Recipe source : rasamalaysia.com
- 1 medium chicken, cut into pieces
- 2.5 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2" cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamons
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp garam marsala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tbsp paprika
- 1.5 cup plain thick yogurt
- 2/3 cup fried shallots, lightly crushed
- Marinate chicken with marinade ingredients for at least 1 hour or overnight in fridge.
- Heat up Happy Call Pan (or use a casserole with lid) with the butter, stir fry the all the spices, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Toss in marinated chicken and continue to stir-fry for 10mins.
- Turn down heat to medium-low, lock the pan and cook for 30mins, or until the oil slightly separates.
- Add salt to taste and add some water if the dish appears to be too dry. Dish out and serve with basmati rice or Naan bread.