Pardon me for another curry dish post as I'm really into curry mood hehehe....This is another straight forward curry dish, less than 30mins an awesome flavourful prawn masala curry is ready to serve on the table! If you do noticed that the recent Indian curry dishes I've attempted do not contained any coconut milk, so it is really easy on our waistline!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 500gm fresh medium prawns, wgt before peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- Heat butter and fry onions till soft and fragrant but not brown.
- Mix turmeric, garam marsala and chilli powder with 3 tbsp water to form a paste. Add to the onions and fry, stirring constantly, for 3mins, till fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook till soft and thick. Add 250ml water and simmer, uncovered, for 10mins.
- Add in prawns, lime juice and 1/2 tsp salt and simmer till prawns are cooked and tender. Serve immediately with rice.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest - Indian Subcontinent hosted by Chef and Sommelier
I am linking this post to Cook-Your-Books #12 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours
Wow ! My saliva is drooling ... 'slurp slup' taste yummy!
Yummy, yummy, yum! I love prawns and your curry prawn looks really delicious!
Thanks for linking!
Post a Comment