My son enjoys eating this Chicken & Egg with Rice !! Me too loves this sweet tasting rice dish :D
- 300gm boneless chicken thighs (approx 3 pcs)
- 1 large onions, thinly sliced
- 250ml dashi stock
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- steamed calrose rice
- 6 tbsp frozen soy bean, cook accordingly to package
- yaki-nori seaweed for garnish
- Slice chicken thigh into bite size. Marinate with 1 tbsp light soy sauce & 1 tbsp mirin for 30mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, fry onion till soften.
- Add stock and all seasoning and bring to boil.
- Add chicken pcs and simmer till cooked.
- Scoop a 1/4 portion of the chicken into another small pan and bring to boil.
- Pour in 1/4 portion of the beaten eggs, cover and cook till egg is set.
- Slide the mixture on to a bowl of hot rice. Sprinkle over soy bean & seaweed. Serve.