Pumpkin is such a lovely fruit that it able to churn out all kinds of food and bakes beautifully...like this sunshine looking pumpkin cranberry loaf bread! Taste so good on its own with a cuppa of hot coffee :)
Bread making using sponge dough method
Recipe ref : 'Original Flavour' by Carol
- 200gm bread flour
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 130gm pumpkin puree
- 1 portion sponge dough
- 30gm bread flour
- 50gm wholemeal flour
- 65gm pumpkin puree
- 20gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30gm olive oil
- 40gm dried cranberries
- beaten egg, for glazing
- Combine sponge dough ingredients (reserved 30gm) and knead for 8 mins till smooth and elastic. (gradually add in remaining puree if the dough is dry)
- Cover and place in a warm area to proof for 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Main dough : Combine flour, puree (reserved 20gm), sugar, salt & oil in a mixing oil. Tear sponge dough in small pieces. Knead till dough is smooth and elastic. (add in remaining puree if necessary). Knead in dried cranberries evenly.
- Cover and proof in warm are for 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough to release gas. Knead lightly. Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Roll in round, cover and rest for 15 mins.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each dough into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Fold on the long side towards the centre of the dough. Roll on the short side like a swiss roll. Place it into a loaf pan.
- Cover and proof in a warm area for 1 hour or until it risen to the edge of the pan.
- Lightly glaze the surface with beaten egg. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40-45 mins until golden brown.
- Unmould the bread immediately and cool completely on a wire race before slicing.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.