Never knew that a box of Bisquick mix can be so versatile for cooking and baking! This lovely cherry swirl coffee cake looks so awesome and required minimal effort. Even if you know nuts about baking a cake, I must say the steps are really straight forward ....just quick mix everything (except cherry filling) in a mixer to form a batter without the process of creaming method or egg separation method! The result? Moist and tender crumbs layered with cherry pie fillings, indeed a great coffee cake for tea time!
Ingredient (7" cake)
- 250gm original Bisquick mix
- 60gm brown sugar
- 30gm melted butter
- 80gm milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300gm cherry pie filling
Glaze : 30gm icing sugar + 1 tbsp milk
- Combine bisquick mix, brown sugar, melted butter, milk, vanilla, almond extract and eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Using a electric whisk, beat on medium speed until a soft batter is formed. Do not over beat.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter into a lined 7" cake pan. Spread cherry pie filling over. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter randomly onto the pie filling.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30-35 mins until golden brown. Cool cake in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding onto a wire rack.
- Stir glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake and serve.