Waking up to a chilling cozy morning after a heavy downpour! Wanting to clear the balanced apple cinnamon filling I've made last week, I made it into a stuffed french toast inspired by Martha Stewart :) Warm, sweet apple stuffed french toast with along a cup of earl grey tea, what a simple delicious breakfast to start the day!
Ingredient (2 servings)
- 2/3 cup Apple Cinnamon Filling
- 4 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 150ml milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Heat pan with some olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Add in zests, lemon juice, vanilla, salt & sugar. Mix well.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture. Quickly lay it on a shallow plate.
- Spoon apple cinnamon filling over, dip another slice of bread with egg mixture and put it on top of the apples.
- Gently slide it onto heated pan and pan fried over medium low heat until bottom is well browned. Flip to the other side and fry till brown. Remove and repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- Serve warm with icing sugar and honey.