Compare to the Pumpkin Chiffon Cake I've done previously, I prefer this which uses milk instead of coconut milk, taste lighter and of course less fattening! :D To further enhance the flavour of this chiffon cake, I added some cinnamon powder to it!
Recipe modified from 'My Kitchen'
Ingredients (makes 9" chiffon pan)
- 120gm butternut squash (without peel), steamed and mashed
- 50gm vegetable oil
- 50gm soy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 120gm top flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 100gm sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat together egg yolks, oil, milk and salt till foamy. Then add in mashed pumpkin and fold in flour and cinnamon powder with a spatula till just blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites with medium speed till soft peak then add in cream of tartar and sugar in batches (3-4 times). Beat with high speed between each addition and continue to beat till stiff.
- Transfer one quarter of egg white into egg yolk batter, mix with spatula till combined. Fold in remaining egg white gradually.
- Transfer batter in chiffon pan and bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes.
- Invert cake immediately and cool completely before removing from pan.