Wanted to clear my gula melaka & coconut milk, therefore chosen this recipe to try again. But my gula melaka not enough though so I substitute with more coconut milk and increase the sugar slightly :D
Original Recipe Click Here
- 80gm gula melaka, chopped & melted
- 150ml coconut milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 140gm plain flour
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 60g caster sugar
- Combine egg yolks, cooking oil and salt. Stir in gula melaka and coconut milk. Sift in flour and fold until batter forms.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar, beating at high speed until frothy and stiff peak form.
- Gently fold 1/3 beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended. Pour mixture into balanced meringue and gently fold till combined.
- Pour batter into ungreased 22cm tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 40-45 mins. Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cooled before unmoulding.